No standard, advanced, or professional model - just one badass 4K drone that boils down the best into an affordable package.
- Fantastic fly-ability
- Excellent video quality
- Collision avoidance
- Robust software app
- Excellent feature set
- Incremental upgrades over the Phantom 3
DJI Phantom 4 4K Drone Full Review
DJI is the granddaddy of camera drones. Having dominated for years with its Phantom line, it has also expanded into professional camera drones with the Inspire 1. But they haven’t let their most well-known brand linger. Have reached a zenith with the Phantom 3, DJI had a high bar to clear to beat their own product. With the Phantom 4, they were able to. Some of the vaunted features of the Phantom 4, that previous models lack, are as follows:
- Auto takeoff and auto return home with GPS technology, makes controlling easy. App enables monitoring/camera operation easy
- Capture 4K ultra HD video at 30 fps, supported resolutions include: 12.0MP (4000 x 3000) photos. The f/2.8 lens with a broad field of view delivers crisp, clear images
- Gimbal stabilization technology, along with a hover function allows you to capture smooth, clean footage while the camera is in the air
- Use DJI director software with a built-in video editor to add music, text, and more to your videos.
The Phantom 4 includes several sensors that allow it to survey its surroundings and automatically adjust itself to prevent collisions with objects in its way. This is fantastic for its subject tracking mode, a one-touch feature that allows it to follow you while you do whatever it is you want filmed. With collision avoidance you don’t have to worry about your drone running into something while you’re not looking.
Its picture quality is so good that DJI had to upgrade the Inspire 1 to a version 2.0 model with an enhanced new camera (the X3) to surpass it. That’s one heck of an endorsement, given that this drone goes for under $1500. The Phantom 4 is quite simply the pinnacle of prosumer camera drones, and one that you can feel good about purchasing. DJI has hit a home run.
Additional advantages the Phantom 4 holds:
- Collision avoidance
- 3.1 mile operation
- Longer battery life (up to 28 minutes)
- Subject tracking (follow me)
- 10 mph faster than the Phantom 3
- Superior image quality to the much pricier Inspire 1 (V1.0)
DJI Phantom 4 Price Tracker and Alerts